Thursday, August 2, 2012

La Mirada Creek Park, A Local Haven



I simply love this not so hidden gem in East La Mirada.  Jogging here is a little piece of heaven.  Fellow joggers, walkers and runners are friendly--always saying hi or nodding with a smile while bobbing along to the music pumping via ipods.  Doggies of all breeds and sizes can be seen prancing and playing.  Crossing the wooden bridges one can catch a glimpse of the ducks diving into the water down below.  My favorite part of my constitutional walks/jogs is having the opportunity to greet the beautiful horses along the way to the other side of the La Mirada Creek Park, under the Imperial Hwy tunnel towards Biola University. Love that we have an equestrian community, the horses are not only gorgeous but look healthy and happy.  The 2nd part of the park, on the other side of Imperial Hwy is quiet and peaceful.  If you reside in East Whittier or East La Mirada you need to experience La Mirada Creek Park, you will love it!  I am so grateful my better half and I moved here in mid 2010, almost every week we find something new about this Tri-City we call home: La Mirada, East Whittier, La Habra.  Just last Thursday, July 26th we brought our Goddaughters and Family to the Annual La Mirada Creek Park Stroll and we had a blast!!!!!!   I look forward to getting better acquainted with this lovely community, I see why the majority of my home buyers long to relocate to my new "neck of the woods". :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment